Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Be it ever so humble...

...there's no place like home!

I never realized how true this was until I went to college!! This post is a little late (I had a midterm to study for), but I got to go home last weekend!!! I went home late Thursday night and surprised my mom (who thought I was coming home Friday afternoon).

My roommates were sad to see me go. (They're going hate me for this... muah-ah-ha-ha)







Anywho, I was kind of worried about walking in the house at 3:00am (who knows what my mother would do if she thought someone was breaking in...), but luckily I avoided being shot.

Yes, I was a little worried I was going to be shot.

She actually wasn't concerned at all. Her sleepy mind figured it was either my dad coming home early (he's been working out of town for the last few weeks) or one of my siblings wandering the house. 

And she was so surprised when it was me! :) 

She did the whole: "Wha..? How? How are you here???" thing. It was adorable.

So was my brother Ashton, he was excited to see me even that early. 

And for the record he's grown like three feet since I left for college. No joke. 

However, Hannah, my sister was not excited to see me. She's not excited to see anything but the inside of her eyelids between the hours of 10:00pm and 10:00am.

Yes, that is a twelve hour span. And no, I am not kidding. And yes, if you disturb her it is scary.

Like fear-for-your-life scary. Trust me, don't do it.

It was so good to be home. I missed it so much! And now I finally know what my house smells like!

Yes, that was a serious statement. You know, how when you're living somewhere you can't tell what it smells like? Well, I always wondered what my house smelled like. Life goal #86 complete.

Just kidding. That's not one of my life goals. 

I got to see my people. I love my people. I've missed my people. :) 

Look at them: 
They stole my phone. And took pictures. And set them as my screen saver. Now they're paying. :) 
Yes, he is wearing my sister's volleyball uniform... 

As fun as that all was, the reason I went home was to go to one of my best friend's farewell. He is going to serve an LDS mission in Ukraine. How cool is that?!

He did a great job, and I may or may not have cried when he was speaking. He's going to be a great missionary. I'm going to miss him a lot. But he's going where he needs to go. I'm so proud of him.

Dallin (the missionary), Sarah, and I have been best friends for most of the last four years. We've done a lot of things together and have accomplished a lot of cool things.


Our 2nd FFA State Championship together.

HD3 - High Desert Elite Marketing


The farewell was a really special moment for us, since we probably won't all be together for the next two and a half years. I love these two.


I had to take off my shoes or I was way too tall for a group picture.


I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family, and I know Elder Widmer is going to do great things in Ukraine. Going home was so fun! 

Dorothy was right.


Ohana.

-McKenna 






3 comments:

  1. Next time I steal your phone to take selfies, I'm going to make sure I look better. Thanks for posting them on the internet! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. ;) Hah I'm sure it'll happen again. And you look beautiful!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, not the best pictures ever.. haha

      Delete