Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What I Learned My First Year of College...

My first year of college has been over for a couple weeks now so I thought I'd share with you the things I learned:

You will miss home

But you'll love not having a bedtime

Until you're so exhausted you give yourself one

7:30am college classes are not the same as 8:00am high school ones

But if it's a PE class it's totally worth it

I am exactly the right height to get elbowed in the face while playing basketball with boys


If you use garlic in your cooking and more than three ingredients, your roommates will think you are a master chef



Read the textbook



No seriously, you have to read the textbook



Breadth classes are not a waste of time

Unless it's Creative Arts in which case it's a TOTAL waste of time

You will make new friends

Lose some old ones

And figure out who's there to stay










If you're in Logan, it will snow

In May


The Bookstore is the biggest scam I've ever seen

But you'll buy stuff from there anyway

You will go on some grand adventures





And some not so grand ones


Roommates are simultaneously terrible, wonderful, and hilarious













You will call home for advice



Moving sucks

Even if it's just from apartment to apartment


 Tapatio goes with everything


You will make some of the biggest decisions of your life




And it will be an awesome ride.


A whole new world,

-McKenna






















No comments:

Post a Comment