Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chopped


First thing you should understand, there is no TV in my apartment.

Which means I've been watching entire episodes of shows on my laptop through hulu.com. One of the shows I've been watching is Chopped. Now, I don't know if you've seen it, but it's a cooking competition where the chefs are given these crazy ingredients and have a short amount of time to create something fabulous with them.

Sounds like college to me.

No, seriously. If you have a kitchen in your dorm room meal-times usually go like this:

You must compose a meal of ramen noodles, yogurt, and almonds in twenty minutes before your next class. Bonus challenge: don't set off the notoriously sensitive fire alarm in your building or everyone will hate you.

Exactly like Chopped...minus the fire alarm thing (more on that later).

Except, unlike Chopped, in college you don't have a fabulous fully-stocked pantry, you only have two square feet to work in, and your seasonings are limited to sugar, salt, and pepper.

College is much harder.

So, if any of you are training to become Chopped Champions, may I propose that you go back to college? Your skills will be honed in no time.


To infinity and beyond.

-McKenna






No comments:

Post a Comment