Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hey Look I Can Cook!

I've been up here at college for about a month and I'm finally cooking things other than ramen noodles (although I actually do love ramen noodles and ate them all the time at home!). 

So yesterday I made ceviche (or rather my own simplified version), and I guess it technically doesn't count as cooking since I didn't actually use any heat. 

So I guess the title of this should be 'Hey Look I Can Chop!'

...and stir? Add salt? Make edibles?? 

That's it. 'Hey Look I Make Edibles!'. 

Anywho, I took lots of pictures so I can explain this really simple process.

First I chopped jalepenos, onions, and tomatoes (it's basically pico de gallo at this point). I don't have a food processor or it would have been a much quicker process. As it was, my adorable purple knife got a lot of use (1000-bonus-points-and-the-points-don't-matter if you can spot it!). 









Then I chopped and added avocados (because who doesn't love avocados?!)




Then I juiced a lime (and another half a lime because I love limes, but do whatever makes you happy) and added some finely chopped garlic (garlic makes EVERYTHING better, except perhaps cake).





Now for the fun part. I bought some frozen shrimp that were deveined and cooked already, and thawed them out.


And chopped them up too (hence the revised title) and added them to the bowl.

Then I stirred...it's a complicated step so if you struggle here don't feel bad. It takes practice. 

And an innate, inborn, unteachable talent. And great hair. 

So no worries. If you don't get it you probably never will. 

Add chopped cilantro and salt to taste and you're done!



It's better than noodles anyhow. And pretty great in tacos. And straight out of the bowl...

No judging.



Jealous? You should be.

Whistle while you work.

-McKenna

P.S. That's kind of impossible for me because I can't whistle...




2 comments:

  1. Hey look I make edibles. I love it :) this post cracked me up! Also, the great hair part. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I chopped too, it is possible for those of us with out great hair, it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as we do it though! I made some lovely salsa last night. Your ceviche looks yummier. As for the whistling thing, sorry, it's genetic, I can't do it either.

    ReplyDelete